Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Midnight Blue

This tiny but beautiful chapel was on a stone outcropping above the port of Roscoff, Brittany, France ; photo taken on a bitter cold, clear winter day three weeks ago. I think the sensor in my camera was having a hard time between the blinding bright white walls and the brilliant blazing blue sky above, and for unknown reasons decided to darken the sky nearly to black, or at least to midnight blue... maybe something like this sky color was what Edward Abbey had in mind when he coined the title "Black Sun" for his book of that name...
.
PS... Just noticed in the above that without thinking intentionally about it, I used two of the four key words in the vastly important 4B principle. You know about the 4 "B"s, right ??? No ??? Well, it goes like this : The 4 B Principle : If you can't Blind them with your Brilliance, then by all means Baffle them with your Bulls**t ! Very useful for business presentations... I don't know who coined that little gem...
.

2 comments:

Zoog said...

Zoom, this picture is stunning. It looks like a painting. I love the way your camera captured the sky. It really is incredibly beautiful in it's unique simplicity. I am reading Desert Solitaire and yes it could be something like Edward Abbey describes....His vocabulary of adjectives is amazing...it has taken me longer than usaul to readthis book, because i want to pause and really contemplate the picture he describes so aptly with his words... ciao..Zoog

Owen said...

Edward Abbey transports me to heaven every time I open one of his works... The Fools Progress is out of this world also ! Wow, great to hear from you ! Must be the cold keeping you inside and out of mischief...