Thursday, January 29, 2009

Louise : In Memoriam Softly

Louise, from the looks of things, you may not have had a wealthy family to put up a large monument for you, the best anyone could come up with was this simple wood cross, adorned with your name and the year 1968. And it doesn't look like anyone has been tending your grave lately. You may not have had an Elton John to write a song like "Candle In The Wind" for you, but whoever you were, I hope you had a happy childhood, and some measure of joy in your life, however long it lasted, as an adult. In 1968 I was only 8, so the line, "I would have liked to have known you, but I was just a kid" pertains... Even if your cross should rot away and disintegrate, may your memory live on, however ephemerally, or virtually perhaps, in these pages. Sincerely, softly, and kindly...
.

3 comments:

Zoog said...

Lovely Owen...really nice....

Owen said...

Well, someone needed to remember her...

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I like this a lot.