Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wrapped Road Sign

Way back in December of 2008 I posted a piece under the title of "Wrapped Urinals", facetiously (obviously) wondering whether Christo or someone like him had passed that way... well, on my way to work the other day I couldn't help but notice this wrapped road sign, which even had a "C" visible. I know most of Christo's projects have been large, very large, even grand in scale, but I couldn't help wondering if he hadn't struck again here ??? Why else would anyone wrap up a road sign if it was not intended to be a visually striking and seriously enigmatic work of art ? Why is it that there are so many things that I encounter while out meandering around that leave me scratching my head with major lapses in comprehension ?
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, nice post. Keep up the good work