Thursday, January 22, 2009

Black & White Light

Due to popular demand, cannot do otherwise but break down and give you all a shot of zebrageist energy. Can't tell you how many e-mails have come in asking (or threatening) for more zebras, and make it quick...
.
One gentleman from Moscow said he was going to cut off my natural gas (which is indeed how I heat my humble abode) if I didn't oblige by tonight with more zebras ! Imagine that ! ! ! Well, as you can see, I'm taking no chances...
.
Now, before I forget, let me say that I did not take this photograph. And I don't know who did, so with all due regrets, I can't credit it as I would like to. But to my credit, I did purchase this image, so it is not as if I'm stealing it... and I'm certainly not likely to gain any financial advantage from it by publishing it here. Well, then again, if this blog becomes a raging worldwide success thanks to all of you passing it on and on and on and on to everyone you know, and I were to become richer than Cresus as a result ... you can bet somehow the rightful owner of the rights to this image would track me down to exact their due... what a world we live in !
.
Anyway, I am rambling again. What I really wanted to say was something about the magical light in which zebras live. If white light by definition contains all colors, and black is that which absorbs all wavelengths and emits no color, is it not then fabulous that one beast should be so beautifully dressed with alternating stripes of all colors and no colors ? And lions just look at them as party snacks... go figure !
.

No comments: