Monday, January 26, 2009

Which Way ?

There seems to be disagreement among sculptors as to whether the two feet of this well known crucifixion victim were each nailed separately to the cross with two nails, or whether one foot was placed on top of the other and a single, longer spike used. I've seen many examples of both versions of the story in my years of visiting graveyards. I wonder which was right ? Personally this story makes my skin crawl, and I wish the people responsible for such things could retire it, and find a kinder, less brutally violent story to use to teach our children about love. I know that is blasphemous to some folks, and my intention is not to shock or anger anyone, but seriously, less violence in any way, shape, or form, and more true love might be a good thing for this planet.
.

No comments: