Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One Two Three Four

Ok, I lied, I said I was going to bed, but I couldn't resist slipping one more photo in here, and you may fairly say there are only two wicker chairs here, one literal doorbell, and the street address is number "4", but in keeping with the series of "three" going on today... there are three horseshoes here. And depending on which source you consult whether they are facing up or facing down in fact can be interpreted in whichever way you please... as good luck or bad... Joni would have said... I've looked at luck from both sides now, from up and down, and still somehow, it's luck's illusions I recall... actually, I really liked these wicker chairs, and would love to spend an afternoon here drinking a beer with the owner of this place, whoever he or she may be... soaking up whatever kind of luck might be floating in the air...
.

2 comments:

ladydi said...

I like things to be orderly - this appeals to my sense of aesthetics. On the subject of truffles, did you find some when you went hunting? And no, I am not in the market for any; what's the sense in developing expensive tastes at this stage? We were just wondering what they taste like. (Not wondering enough to try them, just to ask someone who has.)
I passed you blog address on to Fred Vultee and my brother Peter. I think I sent it to Janet Vultee Pietsch as well. I need to send it to my sisters.

Amy said...

This is a really great portrait of a place...