Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Old School


This past April, 2008, I returned for the first time in over 31 years to a school where I was a student for two years, in 10th and 11th grades... unlike the writer of that Steely Dan song (I'm Never Going Back... to My Old School), I did... nothing wrong with dredging up a few ancient memories, provoking flashbacks and other revelations. This stained glass window was in the main staircase in the old school building. Although I had never paid attention to the inscription at the bottom : "Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty; they shall behold the land that is very far off"; maybe nonetheless walking by that window and its message all those many months in some subtle way subliminally influenced me, for my eyes did behold a land that was very far off, and I decided to make it my home...

No comments: