Thursday, December 11, 2008

Inexplicable Colors !


Near Nimes in July 2007 with a little help from a good friend, I stumbled on this abandoned train car in an odd and wild place far from any railroad line. Sort of like the schoolbus in "Into the Wild", you have to wonder how it got there. But what really intrigues me with this railroad car is how on Earth did it get those layers of colors; blues, reds, greens??? I refuse to believe it was intentional, you can still see railroad letters and numbers stenciled in white... so what kind of accident caused these colors??? I can't explain it, but I can say: I like it ! What was that song from way back : "That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it !" I guess this really begs the question : Where do colors come from in the first place, anyway??? When you take a prism and start generating spectrums, when you peer into the depths of a diamond, when you stumble on fields of wildflowers in blazing colors... where do they come from, and why are we so privileged as to have eyes in our heads capable of distinguishing between litterally millions of color tones... now if that is not inexplicable, I don't know what is.

No comments: