Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pieces # 44 . . .

How many people are waking up these days
And finding their life in pieces ?
Might have never seen it coming
And then one day you are out on the street
Because the bank took your house back
Because the company took your job
Or simply because the earth trembled
And shook you out of bed
As your nice neat walls
Came crumbling and tumbling down
Around you
Left your life in pieces
And all the kings horses
And all the kings men
One day the word comes back from a doctor
Who wants to do more tests
One day the mailman delivers a writ
One day that nice car you were driving
Ends up in the ditch
A bomb went off at the market
And you never saw it coming
Not for one second
Caught you flat on your feet
Put you on the run
To some new horizon
Where with a pot of glue
You can try with what little time
You can find
To put the pieces
Back together again
If you can. . .
And don't lose any
Of the pieces. . .
.
.





















.
.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Cool...odd photo!

Arnaud said...

That's cooool ! I like your post and the illustrating picture.

FitFoodieMegha said...

The picture is a sort of funny..Words are really nice..Love them..BTW I have started a new blog dedicated to my sketch work — Art on Sketchbook

Quiche said...

I soooo relate! I think I have experienced most of these- well put! Love, love, love the pic! I had said to my friend last night how nearly 18 years of depression, now post-depression, and having lost many material possessions twice over, and all the transitions, that I could look at it in a positive way as wiping the slate clean and starting over with no baggage, and rather than seeing the losses, and being stuck with the old stuff and old thoughts to drag around (: