Saturday, April 11, 2009

Valley of Fire ! Heliotropes !

I admit I am quite new to the universe of blogging, but almost daily now am discovering what incredible connections can open up, and how serendipitous meetings of minds can occur. For example, through following a link to the blog of a follower of another blog I'm following (does that make sense ? :) I stumbled on a brand new blog by Amy R. called "of heliotropes and silver strings". Now I've always liked sunflowers and the like, so I thought I'd give it a look. The first post about the Salton Sea was well written, very engaging, and the photos appealed to me right away... dead fish and abandoned homes around the Salton Sea in California. Then today a new post appeared about the Valley of Fire State Park, which is not far in distance from Las Vegas, Nevada, although infinitely distant in mind-set.
.
So, to make a long story short, do drop by her blog, and sign in to follow it, as I strongly suspect there will be some more fascinating posts coming from that direction soon. And Amy, as mentioned in a comment left, here are a couple of shots I took exactly one year ago while passing through the Valley of Fire... what was that line... "Yey though I walk through the shadow of the valley of fire, I shall fear no weevils. . ."?
.
.























.
.























.
.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You're right, it is with an entirely different frame of mine one approaches Valley of Fire. When I make weekend trips to Las Vegas, I usually spend one day on the strip and end with a fabulous dinner. Then the next day, I drive to somewhere like Valley of Fire. It's a good balance.

Thanks for pointing people my way. Your photos of the Valley are stunning!

Owen said...

Hey Amy, glad you like them, for a State Park, it is an amazing place. Wonder what else Nevada has in the way of state parks... if this is any indication ! Looking forward to discovering more of the southwest, vicariously, on your blog. . .