Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Survivor . . .

While out on the walk back from the site of the Dandelion Massacre this afternoon, I chanced upon this ancient Renault, a model I wasn't familiar with, that had been left out like a dog tied up who wasn't allowed in the house. Although the color was a little drab, I liked her lines, and red flowers on the rearview mirror. . .
.





















The hood (or "bonnet" for some of you?) decoration also caught my eye, logo art I'd never come across before, I liked the three fish forming the upper part of the crown. . . dreams of monarchy still live on in France for some folks ?
.





















But what I really liked about this old car was the seat cushion ! Anyone who has a seat cushion with two elephants and a palm tree on it is OK in my book . . . (or in my blog :D)
.


















.
.

3 comments:

jeff said...

Thanks a lot Owen...! C'est vraiment très sympa de ta part... mais je dois changer l'article car il est parti à la corbeille...! Que dire de plus que mon bon coeur me perdra en ayant voulu faire un petit signe à une collègue de travail... mais je n'ai pas tenu à garder le sujet ! ! ! Voilà !
Au fait, tant que tu es dans ton jour de bonté, comment as-tu fait pour modifier le code html pour agrandir tes images et tes messages ? Je sais, je t'en demande encore... Tu serais un super Owen !
Au sujet de ta photo, mon père en avait une dans les années 60... Elle était bleue ciel...! Malheureusement, n'étant pas encore là, je ne l'ai vue qu'en photos !... Mais ça fait quelque chose ! Mon père n'étant plus là !... A bientôt Owen...

Lily Fields said...

Hey Zoom,

Loved this....just glad the opportunity for you to view my van at this moment is highly unlikely....The treasures that the five teenage boys I transported all over the downriver area and beyond could be very incriminating...(smile)....Trying to get back in the groove again...ciao...Zoog

LR Photography said...

Yes, I remember the model!