Wednesday, April 22, 2009

An Azure Afternoon . . .

As stated long ago in some of the posts in these pages from back in the late middle ages, I usually tend to steer clear of the "postcard" photos, as most of the good ones in that domaine have already been done by photographers far more competent than I . . . but . . . every now and then I can't resist documenting places traveled to ; so here are a few more pixels worth of pix from yesterday's trip to the Pointe St Mathieu way out at the very far western tip of Brittany. (and yes, Nathalie, it was a simply beautiful afternoon up here in the north, fog in the morning that cleared, then bright azur blue skies, digne de la cote d'Azur !) This is sort of the French equivalent to Land's End in Cornwall. . .
.

































.




















.

































.


















.
.

5 comments:

nathalie in avignon said...

Ce coin-là je ne le connais que vu depuis la mer, quand j'ai fait un tour de Bretagne et deux ou trois autres traversées entre Bretagne nord et sud. On calcule bien la renverse des marées pour avoir le courant avec soi, et on se lance... en espérant le beau temps. Là on pourrait sortir le spi!

henk van es said...

Hirr Owen,
Lighthouses are my favourite buildings, just standing there on the end of the world, facing the ocean...and of course, lighthouses in Brittany are my special favourites. Wish I was there now.
Have a good time on this holiday!
Best. Henk

Zoog said...

O, that lighthouse photo is amazing ! the colors so vibrant they jump oof the page and touch you. The green grass and white and red lighthouse and those beautiful stone bstructures and their exquisite architecture....maaan this is definitely a postcard ...cuz I sure wish I was there right now...enjoy your family and your holiday... J~

ladydi said...

I love your postcard photos - such beauty you have captured. Water meeting sky is always a favorite view, and that blue sky over the lighthouse - oh my! My compliments to the Creator and the Photographer.

Owen said...

I wish there was some way besides doing these silly faces ( :-) ) to let you all know how much happiness your comments are bringing to the "Creator and the Photographer" as Di put it here... there is no way in keyboard language to show you that I'm beaming and blushing... I started this blog last Fall as a way to finally at long last put some of the work of many years out into the public eye... and you folks are making it all worthwhile !

PS Nat, quelle chance tu as eu de voir ces endroits depuis le large, sur la houle de Brétagne... par beau temps j'aimerais, mais je sais aussi qu'ils ont des sacrées orages parfois aussi... mieux d'être à terre ces jours là...