Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Real Thing . . .

And if all that vicarious armchair travelling is making you thirsty, well there are some folks out there who go to great lengths to remind you frequently, and have been doing so for years, that there is a certain exceedingly sweet "soft" drink available, loaded with sugar and cafeine and various acids and artificial colors and flavors and so forth, the stuff eats the paint off of cars... I don't know why they call it "soft", if it were music, it would be "acid rock". . . but I admit, when all else fails, I do resort to drinking them from time to time . . .
.





























.
.

5 comments:

French Fancy... said...

Yuk, can't stand the stuff or its rival. I'm happiest with my filtered water actually - boring but true (well, a good champagne goes down well at times)

LR Photography said...

Very good Owen, the past and the present. Coca Cola always...

Nathalie H.D. said...

I don't drink Coke, ever. Too sweet.

ladydi said...

I'm in the water group - mmmm, love it over ice.

Owen said...

Thanks everyone for dropping in here... I vote for water, or good fruit juice with no added sugar or preservatives, or rice milk from the bio-coop ; but I guess I can't help but have a nostalgic thing for coke, when I was little we could get a bottle of coke out of a machine at the local gas station for a nickel... that's 5 cents... that was back when a gallon of gasoline cost 25 cents...