Friday, April 24, 2009

Paris Dog Cemetery, Asnières, Chapter 3 . . .

First, let me start by thanking the person who acted as a catalyst for this, Laurie at "Creating Pictures In My Mind", as she posted a story about the Paris Dog Cemetery several days ago, and mentioned that it might be closing forever soon... which caused me to go running out the door in a hurry grabbing my camera bag and precious little lunch. Fortunately it seems, according to the people that work there, that there is no danger of it closing any time soon... so, I took my time the rest of the afternoon strolling around in there. It is a lovely quiet place, and as mentioned earlier (see below posts), there are no end of touching memories visible there. Some of the expressions of fondness for far away four legged friends do, however, border on kitsch, as you can see in the three photos here. . .
.






























.






























.
















.
.

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a fascinating, lovely place. I love the second set up particularly; it's like a little Buddha shrine. Great photos!

Nathalie said...

Les trois photos sont fabuleuses mais la meilleure pour moi est la première : cadrage serré sur cette masse colorée, superbe. Kitsch indeed!