Saturday, April 25, 2009

Grateful Dead Beer !

Now, before getting on with today's blogging business, to continue with "Yesterday", which is in fact now day before yesterday, if you see what I mean, it it is time for a word from our sponsors.
.
After years of searching I finally found the perfect beer for Grateful Dead fans (otherwise known as "deadheads"). "Mallozh Ruz" is a locally brewed Brittany beer from the town of Huelgoat. For anyone interested in funerary art, cemeteries, legends of death and magic, or just plain art in general, having at least one of these bottles at home is a must. . . so, time to get in or on your planes, boats, cars, trains, tractors, bicycles, tricycles, horses, or rabbit drawn carriages, or whatever means of locomotion you habitually use, and get on over to Huelgoat to pick up a case or two of Mallozh Ruz beer ! Now how is that for absolutely free publicity ! And you can tell them that Owen sent you . . . :-)>
.































This stone face was prominently displayed in front of a church in the town where I found the marvellous bottles of beer, Belle Isle en Terre, Brittany. . . I fell in love with her immediately, much to my wife's consternation ! Well, ok, she needs a little bit of a nose job, but that's not a problem. . . her inner beauty was clearly visible . . .
.


























.
.

4 comments:

French Fancy... said...

What a fabulous beer label. Almost as fabulous as Huelgoat itself

Owen said...

Hi FF... I was dumbstruck when I saw this label... and am just discovering now, this evening, that the beer inside the bottle is extraordinarily yummy ! A dark amber beer, not quite as dark as Guinness, but not far, and delicious... Huelgoat is a fun place isn't it ? There is a honey maker there who is very very good, and walking around the Camp d'Artus is a good afternoon too...

Buskitten said...

Owen! Hi, I love the beer bottle - funny, I have a bit of thing for bottles too! There's a very old dump in the woods at the back of our cottage where if you root, you can find all sorts of old bottles and things....
I definately have a genetic collecting disorder! Another symptom of this strange disease is the desire to want to live in an old canvas tent (because of they smell nice!)and an obsession with old Volkwagens (for similar reasons!)
LOVE your market pics - the Scots just don't know how to do a proper market, hold on, I'll find some Italian market pics from last year and wack 'em on me blog!

Owen said...

Oh my, Buskitten (btw, does buskitten derive from the fine art of busking ??? something I used to do quite a bit of...) you are a regular right pleasure to read. Would love to see that dump of yours, that is the kind of place I just love to dig and root and burrow in ! Will post soon a picture of the old VW camper I had long ago, I like VWs too... can't wait to see what you are going to "wack'em" on yee blog ! And will that be before or after you put the haggis on to boil ? Are you familiar with the Scot-born poet Robert Service ??? If not, do look up on the net and read the Haggis poem he did... I think the title was The Haggis of Private McPhee...