Monday, November 17, 2008

White Rose


This small painting by Blanche Stirrat (see Dreaming of Infinity below) is another of my favorites for all time... the shadow of the window shade, the muted beauty, the lovely blue at the bottom, it all works. If I had more disposable cash I'd go see her and see what else is coming out of her painting corner upstairs in the big barn her crazy man re-built somewhere in rural Pennsylvania. I hope for goodness sake that she is still turning them out, because with a talent like that, it would be criminal to not use it frequently. Now if anyone out there does have some disposable liquidity and likes the Dreaming Cow and the White Rose as much as I do, well, I'm sure we could find out what is currently for sale in Blanche's studio ... great artists need sponsors... to prevent them from starving !
.
.
.
.

No comments: