Monday, November 17, 2008

Blue Eiffel
























For the record, in case I had neglected to mention in any of the earlier postings here below... I love living here in France and love most everything about the place. I wouldn't go so far as to say France is perfect, but hell, tell me where there is perfection on this planet, and I'll go take a look... but there are surely worse things than being sentenced to perform a labor of love in France. (which reminds me of Frank Zappa's song "In France"... for whatever it's worth culturally speaking; not everyone who comes here gets so enamored or enraptured...)
.
Would you believe me if I told you that this photo is the Eiffel Tower? That most heavily photographed of icons... We went into Paris this afternoon to see the Patrick Demarchelier exhibit at the Petit Palais (Excellent show, don't miss it ! The photos are interspersed throughout the museum's permanent collection and they did a wonderful job on the displays) Walking back after dark to the car which we'd left along the Seine somewhere, the Eiffel Tower clothed in blue light appeared magically coming around a corner. Didn't have the equipment handy to do a better, well, clearer shot, so decided to fudge it a little with the compact that was in my pocket... after a couple of tries, this one looked alright on the camera-back screen...
.
Love walking in Paris. And elsewhere in France. Have camera, will travel...

No comments: