Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another Dream Car


Deep in the convoluted and disorienting pitch dark caverns of an old stone quarry cave north of Paris I stumbled this afternoon on a treasure trove of dream cars that some kind soul had placed there many years ago, like bottles of wine in a dusty underground wine cellar, to age and improve with time, waiting for a connaisseur like myself to happen along and re-discover them. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven ! See below posts on other dream cars I have known and loved. Look at the incredibly rich texture here, the romantic rust, the twisted fate of sheet metal, the flat tires and gaping doors... what is not to love about such a jewel of dilapidation? And what a dramatic setting... what tragedy brought her here to this tomb, this heart of darkness?

2 comments:

ladydi said...

Are these full sized cars that were driveable at one time? Goodness, what a find, though a sad one.

Owen said...

Yes; these were real cars, and no doubt were driven, I should have had my wife who accompanied me into the cave stand near it to show the scale, but this is not a model or miniature, if that's what you mean...