Thursday, February 19, 2009

Long Horns !

When I set out one morning last August from Morlaix to go roam around a bit, little did I guess that later that day I would behold this incredible beast in the small city of Douarnenez, Brittany, France. The circus was in town ! This fellow was looking a little tired, and he had a right to ; I'd be tired as well if I had to carry that pair of horns around all day long. Wow, sure wouldn't want to get skewered on one of those ! ! ! One really has to wonder what evolutionary purpose such an imposing structure could possibly serve ? Not too handy for running in a herd of likewise bestowed critters. Did evolution lead him to this so he could impress the females of his species with (pardon me for stating the obvious !) how horny he is ? ? ?
.



















.
.
.

2 comments:

ladydi said...

Whoa! What a load to carry on one's head. What do you suppose those things weigh?

Owen said...

I have no idea what they might weigh,but I'm glad I don't have to haul anything like that around on my head ! Tough to get through doors... !