Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Faces From the Past...

Well, I was being bad again yesterday afternoon ; instead of doing chores around the house I was out poking around in the Creil Municipal Cemetery, which is also a French Military cemetery, and is even a Commonwealth War Graves site, as there are crews from aircraft shot down in the area during the Second World War from England, Canada, even New Zealand. As mentioned in earlier articles below in this blog, I love the way photographs on tombs weather with time. The below selection are ones that particularly caught my eye for their beauty in one way or another. Let me say, I mean no disrespect to anyone living or deceased, on the contrary, my photos are taken with profound respect for the lives of people who have gone before, may they rest in peace. And if in some very small way I am helping to preserve their memory before the ravages of time cause the photos on their graves to disappear altogether, then I will consider this work worthwhile.
.























xx






















.






















xx























xx























xx























.
.
.

No comments: