Saturday, February 14, 2009

Poitiers Postcard Posters . . .

In an earlier posting, if you can find it, quite a ways below in the "older posts", I mentioned that I don't typically try to take postcard pictures, as most of those have already been done by far more talented photographers than myself . . . but every now and then I almost approach that heavily labored domain, as I did here in Poitiers, France about 4 years ago. Apart the balding guy stepping off the curb at the right, this could almost qualify for a postcard. What I really wanted to do was sit down at one of those tables in the sun and order a nice hot cup of coffee from the waitress you can see at the left holding a tray, but my wife and daughters (visible up closer to the church) were waiting for me, so I hustled along after snapping this quick shot. . .
.


















This copiously covered corner concerted concrescence of commercial communication caught my eye and required me to make a photograph there and then ; sometimes one can do naught other than but obey one's inner orders to act . . .
.

















.
.
.

1 comment:

ladydi said...

Amazing photo, and the balding man lends reality to what would otherwise be perhaps too perfect. Lovely Frenchwoman with two charming daughters awaiting her knight with shining camera is a very nice touch.