Thursday, February 19, 2009

Giraffes & Human . . .

Something about the shorts the human in this picture is wearing seemed to mimic the patterns the giraffes were sporting ; a case of fashion imitating living art ? This picture is from the Louisville, Kentucky Zoo in 1992, and the young lady in question was my not-as-yet but soon-to-be wife. Was I inspired by Garry Winogrand's series of photos from a zoo in New York ? Probably, although Garry Winogrand was in a league light years ahead of the rest of us mere mortals. . . may he rest in peace.
.























.
.
.

1 comment:

ladydi said...

Funny! I'm glad you're adding some family life to your blog - I'm enjoying these miniature introductions to your family. Are you going to post photos of your parents? I haven't seen them in about 23 years.