Monday, October 20, 2008

Escher Designed Hats !


















































The hat this gentleman was wearing grabbed me the instant I saw it, well, not litterally, but it was a vision straight out of an MC Escher etching, one of his incredible interweaving images of black and white swans merging into each other comes to mind. And his scowl... priceless ! Maybe I should try photo-shopping it a little, cutting and pasting the scowl part upside down to turn it into... a smile. Can you imagine him with a smile? I'd be smiling if I had a hat like that... am going to go have to go back to Philadelphia some time and comb through thrift shops until I find it, or one like it. If you have one already, and don't wear it any more, please post it, I'm not sure I can live much longer without one... the pattern almost looks like black and white leaping toads ! A treasure...
.
And it also brings to mind Bob Dylan's timeless song :
.
"Yes, I see you got your brand new leopard-skin pill-box hat
Well, you must tell me, baby
How your head feels under somethin' like that"
.
And it might be fun at some point to do an Andy Warhol take-off with this, doing a three-by-three grid of this image repeated nine times, each one a different color... can you see it???

No comments: