Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More Camilo Jose Vergara !

I just couldn't resist sharing one more of Camilo Jose Vergara's photographs with you here. . . found on his excellent and fascinating website Invincible Cities. Searching a little in his vast database of photos is bound to turn up some amazing photos, Mr Vergara is a talented and widely traveled photographer. I wrote to him to express my appreciation for his work and intending to ask permission to share one or two of his pictures in these pages, but he hasn't written back yet. In the meanwhile, I sincerely hope he won't mind this small homage to him, and don't hesitate to wander a while in his photo database, there are unlimited surprises.
.
Just a few posts down here I shared a photo I took in the Canary Islands of a toilet warehouse on Tenerife's western end. Camilo Jose Vergara's photo here of toilets lined up in Richmond, California is a kindred spirit work of art. . . he is clearly a man after my own heart, or I his, whatever. . . (and thanks again to Chris Hensel, a fine photographer in his own right, for cluing me in to Mr Vergara's existence)
.
















.
.

No comments: