Monday, February 23, 2009

Stone Visions . . .

Its been a great weekend. . . On vacation as of Friday night, on Saturday afternoon I made an important discovery, well, important for me anyway. . . a local photo shop has a machine which allows them to convert negatives directly into digital image files. You may very fairly call me slow, or maybe I've just been too busy working these past several years, but although I had supposed such technology must be out there, I'd never actually looked into it. For a very modest fee they will give me ".jpg" files from my negatives. I recently sat down and started doing a catalog job on all of the negatives I have in archival plastic storage sheets, organizing them by year, and counting them ; the final tally was 3718 negatives accumulated over the years, the vast majority of which I have never printed anything from beyond a contact sheet, and then only for a small part of them. So I turned in the first batch to do a test with, and have high hopes that their machine is going to give reasonably high quality results.
.
So watch out, there may be another 3000 plus images coming your way via this blog in the near future ; many of which have never been seen even by me after the shutter clicked on the viewfinder image. The suspense is killing me ! And if you are enjoying this blog, well pass it on to a friend or two, or three, or ten . . . let's get that traffic feed monitor flapping with new flags !
.
Then tonight, Sunday evening, we went out to a local Italian Restaurant and ate some excellent al Pesto Pasta. . . Yum !
.
If you spend any amount of time at all wandering around France visiting churches, monasteries, convents, and the like, you will know that there are some stonecarving gems from the Middle Ages to be found if one hunts a little. These are two good examples from the archives. I liked the forked tongues. Are these images of investment bankers ?
.















.















.
.
.

No comments: