Friday, February 6, 2009

Iridescent Zebras

If you have read any of the earlier posts about zebras, you may be starting to realize why I keep tossing more of them in from time to time... Winter is not over, and I want the natural gas to keep flowing over European borders to reach my house. I know, it sounds obscure... but sometimes superstition and ritual play more important roles in our lives than we think. In any case ; I do not know who made this image, it was not me... if anyone does know, or if the rightful owner objects to it appearing in these pages, well please let me know... I really don't remember where I found it, I scanned it somewhere years ago, so it is now in the collection. And Mr Putin, if you see this, please don't turn the gas off, it is still too darn cold outside. I promise, I will continue to pay my tribute in pounds of zebra flesh...
.
PS I do know that "iridescent" means something to the effect of "that producing a display of lustrous rainbow-like colors"... so technically speaking, zebras cannot be iridescent, as they are only black and white... and I haven't seen any black and white rainbows yet... but, I liked the sound of it, as Dave Barry of the Miami Herald likes to say, it would make a great name for a rock group... and if you're ever bored on a Winter afternoon, well just drop by Dave Barry's blog right here, and guaranteed, he will have you laughing in no time ! ! !
.




















.
.

2 comments:

ladydi said...

Wow, they really do have that glowing quality, don't they?

Owen said...

Magical zebras... wish I could remember where they came from...