Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Phillips Collection

In fact one could say I started this blogging adventure about 8 years ago, but that was before I had any inkling of what a blog was or could mean, and so the first blog was in the form of a scrapbook containing images and scraps of writing. I facetiously named it The Phillips Collection, as my last name is Phillips, but I have no connection to the Phillips family that founded the more well known Phillips Collection art museum in Washington DC. I have however visited the Phillips Collection in Washington, and my own smaller, private, Phillips Collection contains a few posters of artworks which belong to the art museum Phillips Collection, and which are prominently marked The Phillips Collection in big bold print. . . No doubt they will soon appear in these pages. Anyway, the title page of that earlier scrapbook was a sketch I did of a Georgia O'keefe painting of Ranchos Church, New Mexico . . . as the entire beginning of the scrapbook story was linked to a large framed poster of that painting ; more on that later. Don't mean to leave you hanging, but it's time for me to go get my beauty sleep. . .
.























.
.
.

No comments: