Sunday, February 8, 2009

Charles Morris Young

While still living in the US near Philadelphia I found the below painting in a gallery one day and fell in love with it immediately. Although it was way beyond my means at the time, I purchased it anyway, and it lived with me for years until I finally had to sell it in the effort to raise money to finally invest in a house after years of renting apartments. The painter responsible for this lovely work was Charles Morris Young, 1869 - 1964. In fact it should be in a museum... I wish I knew where it went after the auction house trundled it off... sigh ...
.

















.
.
.

1 comment:

ladydi said...

It must have been a difficult decision to sell your most valuable posession to buy a house. I'm glad you still have a picture of it. (I hope you like the house!)