Monday, February 23, 2009

Paris Street Life & Death

Walking in Paris, the City of Light, is always a fascinating experience, one never knows what one may stumble on. One day back in the Summer of 1986 I literally stumbled over a deceased, defunct cat that had come to rest at the foot of an advertising kiosk. I am a cat lover, we have two these days, so it was with infinite sadness that I photographed this pitiful black kitty who came to a sudden end on a Paris street. Knowing how Parisian people tend to drive, any animal loose in Paris had better be very alert and nimble to survive. Something struck me as terribly incongruous between this bedraggled feline cadaver and the posters for dance shows above it. . . I guess that's life in the big city.
.























.






















.
.
.

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Ah, what a juxaposition. Very moving.