Friday, February 20, 2009

A Little Stone Dragon. . .

There is so much nastiness afoot in the press these days, one horror story after another, one has to wonder, is it not possible for people to simply be good and kind and nice to one another ? ? ? Is that too much to ask ? I remember when I was little and in grade school we had an English class in which poetry played an important part, we had to recite poems that we had learned, and got to read and listen to alot of poetry. Perhaps in some small way that contributed to the view that I would like believe is still possible, that the world can still become a good place to raise children in, with hope for a bright future. And not in the sense of that song that came out a while back from a group named "Timbuck Three" that said "The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades", but the bright future in question seemed to be lit by nuclear explosions. I guess somewhere in my utopian, idealistic, naive mind, I held on to the feeling that I had way back when while reading pieces like the one by Ogden Nash titled "The Tale of Custard the Dragon". Re-reading it this evening brought back all those warm fuzzy feelings. . . and reminded me that one of the very first photographs I took with the new Canon 40D last summer was of this realio, trulio, little stone dragon who adorns a church not far from my humble abode here in France.
.






















.
.
.

1 comment:

ladydi said...

Oh, I do like your realio trulio little stone dragon. That was one of our favorites as well.