Friday, February 27, 2009

Found Art (Thanks Theo. . .)

Driving in Paris yesterday on the way to Pere Lachaise Cemetery, we were stopped in traffic on the Rue des Orteaux when I noticed this scene on a dilapidated building front that was scheduled for demolition. Before we drove off again I just had a second to grap the camera and snap this shot. To understand why I did it, you'll have to go to Theo Ellsworth's blog and scroll down a few posts to the recent one titled "found art". If I hadn't just seen that little piece of magical blog writing, and the accompanying child's drawing, I might not even have noticed the drawing someone pasted in the middle of the door here. I didn't have any barking dogs coming at me, but there were a couple of people on the corner who looked like junkies that had me holding on to my camera out the car window for dear life. I liked the captions provided around the edge of this image also. . . "Eradication of Insalubrity" and "Live a safer daily life". And the texture on the door, of course. . .
.






















.
.
.

No comments: