Saturday, March 14, 2009

Swarthmore Fire Company . . .

I couldn't help noticing that someone from Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, USA, was looking at this obscure blog today ; and can't help wondering who it might have been. . . to help encourage whoever that visitor from my hometown of years ago in another age might have been to step forward and leave a comment or send an e-mail (if they come back), here is a photo of one of the Swarthmore fire engines that came to put out the fire which totally consumed the first Volkswagen bus I had. I had just filled the tank with gas and was driving home, when a fuel line broke, spewing gas onto the hot motor. A car behind me started honking and I saw the smoke in the back, quickly pulled into a side street and got out. Within seconds the bus was completely engulfed in flames. Nothing lasts forever. . .
.















.
.

No comments: