Friday, March 27, 2009

A Sign of Our Times. . .

I've seen alot of signs over the years, but never one that had weathered quite like this one. Facing south, it had been catching a full dose of sunlight every day the sun was out, and clearly wasn't up for the challenge. And against my Canon's automatic shutter speed it had no chance at all to resist. You can just make out the Chateau which it was supposed to be an advertisement for. I hope the Chateau looks better than the sign for it. . .
.















.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YESSSS!
What an utterly satisfying find!
I love it when real life treats us to better dream shots than Photoshop will ever help us make up.

Thanks for your kind words on Avignon in Photos. I look forward to following your own work. Off to a browse of your previous posts now.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I can't believe how much you've posted in the past few days - that's a minimum of three posts a day! And each of them is food for thought too.
How on earth am I going to follow??? LOL

Owen said...

Well, I can't help it, Nathalie, I have to make up for lost time, as I only discovered the wonders of blogging last September, after having unintentionally ignored the phenomenon for several years, and have now realized it is the perfect medium for sharing my "work" (such as it is) with a wider circle than I had ever imagined possible... but some folks out there have been blogging happily away for years... so I'm playing catch up ! LOL ! No, actually... it's fun, and as I'm often up late at night when the rest of the house is in bed...well, what better way to while away the wee morning hours? :-) Anyway, great you stopped by, I really like your blog...!

Alex said...

Hi Owen, cool photo looks abstract nice one. Thanks for the comment on spooky tree, it was taken on a bright summers day, in a graveyard in my home town of Ayr Scotland.

LR Photography said...

Greetings Owen, thank you for the visit to my blog. Here it looks like an abstract, good work!