Monday, March 16, 2009

Basilica of Saint Leu d'Esserent. . .

As mentioned in a couple of posts earlier today, I was walking in Saint Leu d'Esserent looking for Jim Morrison's ghost. No trip to St Leu would be complete without hiking up the hill to the ancient basilica. . . you can see what a beautiful afternoon it was. Quite a ways further down in these pages I posted two black & white photos of sculpture details from the middle ages, two tongued figures. I had totally forgotten where those photos had been taken, but visiting the St Leu basilica today I saw those sculptures again, thus remembering where the photos had come from. And here are a few more in color in the same vein. . . this is what I love about living in France. . . heading out for a late afternoon walk. . . and finding oneself immersed in history a thousand years old.
.























.























.















.
















.
















.
















.
.

No comments: