Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Jumble Sale Romantics . . .

How many jumble sales take place each year in the shadow of the Chateau de Chantilly ? Only one that I know of, and it was yesterday . . . some sods have all the luck, as certain New Zealanders might be wont to say . . .
.




















Thought I'd try this doll in black and white, after the color shot of her below . . . if you lean close to those pursed lips, she has secrets about the inner workings of the universe to reveal. . .
.
































I liked this blue bike with a broken seat in front of a lyric setting that could have been a scene by the likes of Watteau. . . guess I'm just a nostalgic old romantic at heart ?
.























These kids were having an intense discussion about the merits of various flavors of ice cream . . . .




























"With the barkers and the colored balloons" . . .
.












.
.

5 comments:

Vivian aka Deborah said...

Hi Owen, I've enjoyed visiting these fancy garage sales with you through the lens of your camera. A thought occurred to me....does anyone see you taking these pictures? You are everywhere with your camera...do you have the super power to turn yourself invisible? Wish I could, because shyness prevents me from getting some really good shots.
You've taken so many shots at these sales, it's amazing. And your captions are priceless!
Did you say you write poetry? You should.
Have a great day....
I'll be back! : )

The Sagittarian said...

I think I will have to sell the kids and move to France, if I throw in 2 rabbits I should get a good price for 'em.

ladydi said...

It's interesting to see that jumble sales and children with ice cream are the same the world over. Were you there to buy or sell, and were you pleased with your results?

Chuck Dilmore said...

beautiful photographs!
your whole site is lovely!

peace~
Chuck

Blind Fly Theater said...

The doll photo is interesting, yet creepy... very creepy.
Great shot of the balloon man...
David