Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rites of Spring !

On Gry's Photos Blog there are some very amusing shots of two pigeons that just got married, . . and then embarked right away on their honeymoon then and there. Engaging in certain eternal rights of spring. . . the birds and the bees. Gry is another great Norwegian photographer. I don't know why I'm suddenly stumbling on Norwegian photorgraphers these days, but there you go. Take a look through her back posts, there is some beautiful work there. . .
.
In any case, a few years back in the Spring I took this picture in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Even in junkyards the residents get a little frisky when the sap is rising and the flowers get to blooming, and the birds are singing and the bees are out in force. . .
.



















Now, I know I shouldn't do this, but what would life be if we never took risks ? Just to further illustrate the above discussion, I found the following photo on the internet, and have no idea who took it, so can't credit properly, well, smack my greedy little fingers. . . and please, excuse my French, sometimes strange things occur in nature, and sometimes truth is stranger than fiction :
.

















.
.

No comments: