Monday, May 25, 2009

Of Snake Eating Lions . . .

I went into Paris today to, among other things, see the Warhol exhibition at the Grand Palais. (more on that later) When I parked the car and got out, practically the first thing I saw was this glaring lion with two snakes forming a knocker. I've seen plenty of lions' heads on doors in the past, but never one quite like this particularly fearsome example. I wonder if people who have a fear of snakes (let alone lions) are troubled if they have to grasp the knocker and knock with it to announce their presence here ???
xx



















.
.

7 comments:

Beedeebabee said...

I would LOVE to have that gorgeous lion greeting guests from my front door! Great photo!

Smiles, Paulette :o)

desi said...

warhol exhibition? tell me more!

Steve said...

That looks like it should be on a magical wardrobe somewhere...!

joo said...

The knocker is amazing, I don't know if I would like to touch it, but it's really beautiiful! Chablis sounds irresistible, wow, ten hours is nothing:)
Have a nice week!

Nathalie said...

I'm not afraid of snakes as such so I would have no trouble using the knocker. What a magnificent photo and door. You did well in pushing the contrast a bit, it comes out beautifully.

jeff said...

Le seul truc qu'il y a à redouter avant de savoir si t'as peur du Lion ou du Serpent, et de te demander qui peut bien se cacher derrière un tel "avertissement" !
Je dirais plutôt... "J'aurais la sagesse de te bouffer bien après avoir fait ta connaissance !"

Margaret Pangert said...

a twist on the Medusa myth?