Monday, May 11, 2009

From The Horse's Mouth . . .

While at the same jumble sale this afternoon as mentioned below (where the Jack Russells were) I happened upon this Indonesian carved horse who was having a right good laugh with himself in the mirror there. Then he turned around and gave me a piece of his mind for snapping that picture (he told me I better not crop it !), he was all stirred up, and told me to just rein in my photographic ardors, but hay, that's life. You could say, I heard it straight from the horse's mouth. (you can see in the second picture he was a little bit cracked... so I hoofed it on out of there in a hurry !) Which picture do you like better ?
.























.






















Or maybe you prefer the rear view ? (and don't even think about any smart remarks about someone being a jackass !)
.






























.
.

6 comments:

The Sagittarian said...

Haha, I wasn't going to leave a comment on this one since I wasn't allowed to make smartass comments...however, word verification is "ashoohel" which is pretty clever, don't you think? So see I HAD to leave a comment (of sorts).

Steve said...

I like the second one - something about the ears sticking up for fine weather made me laugh. He's just foaling around isn't he...?!

Owen said...

Dearest Sag and Steve,I see you two just clearly can't restrain yourselves from these unbridled outbursts... you know, long ago, people could be horse whipped for less than that ! Oh joyous day... well, the coffee's on, so drop by anytime, I've got lot's more jumble sale shots for you... here at the stables...

Laurie said...

I don't know. Trotting out some more horse photos. Nay lad, that's not the way. Someone is going to have to rein you in. Damn, now you've got me at it!
Laurie at CPIMM

Owen said...

Yep, watch out Laurie, once you get started punning, it's hard to stop, it's contagious, and hard to eradicate, worse than foot and mouth disease, the humor authorities have sometimes had to quarantine entire villages in the past due to uncontrollable punning outbreaks... so keep it under control, that's the mane thing...

The Sagittarian said...

I was going to say, that in the mane, I had no tail to tell so decided to hoof it.
However, that just wooden do, now wood it? Now stop this horsing about....