Monday, June 1, 2009

The Dreaded Zombie Chicken . . .

After a grueling week between work, not enough time at home with the family, and still trying to post a few photos for all of you wonderful readers out there, I'm now trying to catch up a little bit this weekend, which isn't quite over, because Monday is a quasi-holiday in France, and I'm not working. It's a day that can't decide any more whether it's a real holiday or not, so it just sort of sits on the fence, that grizzled old "Lundi de Pentecote".
.
Anyway, with no further ado, I would like to send a warm and hearty THANK YOU to English Rider of "Where's My Effing Pony" fame, for awarding me the sublime Zombie Chicken Award. English Rider produces captivating writing every time she sits down at her computer, a real pleasure to read
.
The Blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the Zombie Chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all...
.
So, as I am generally a prudent individual, even if I do sometimes take photos that some consider shocking, I would never dream of risking the revenge of the ignored Zombie Chickens, I'm sure it would be far worse than the "Night of the Living Dead Maggots from Hell".
.
And as it must be passed on to fulfil the redemptive conditions, I hereby decree, with the authority I have bestowed upon myself to do so that the following worthy blogs should continue the Zombie Chicken tradition :
.
Creating Pictures In My Mind (Laurie)
.
Random Shots (Arnaud)
.
Of Heliotropes and Silver Strings (Amy)
.
Jumble Sale Rabbits (Liz)
.
Indiaphragme (Loulou)
.







.
.

9 comments:

Lynne with an e said...

Oh gawd. There'll be no living with you now. ;-) Congratulations, though. Must be getting confusing with all those reverse anthropomorphic identities...Mr. Toad, Raccoon Hero, Zombie Chicken. Do I foresee an identity crisis in someone's future? Well, not to worry, we're all here to listen...

Laurie said...

Cluck me! What an honour. Thank you, Owen - much appreciated!
Laurie

Steve said...

I am regularly awarded the Headless Chicken... but it really doesn't amount to the same level of kudos...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You must be well chuffed.

GG

J said...

I did indeed find said poems - and particularly enjoyed the sentiment of the second one (reptiles and things) even though I heartily disgaree with the position from which it was written.
The comments things would no doubt be pleasingly postmodernist or something, but seeing as there is in fact a merciful God, I am no longer compelled to write about such things! ;)
And congratulations!

jeff said...

Hi Owen ! Je dois partir 'cause job ! et je te dis à bientôt ! Là où je vais il n'y a pas de computer...!
A plus Amigo... ( snif ! )tu me manques déjà !

Ciao Owen !
8)
Jeff

Owen said...

Oh non, Jeff, que ferais-je sans toi et ta "******" ??? Tu pars où qu'il n'y a pas de PC ? En Siberie??? Il y a quand même des hotels avec le wifi ?!? Ou tu seras dans un yurt ? Bon, reviens vite !

J - Glad you liked the poems...

GG - Chuffed indeed, I'm exhausted, but smiling !

Steve, maybe it was Chicken Pox ???

Laurie, Now you can cluck to your heart's content ! Glad to see this didn't put you in a fowl mood :-D

Lynne, you are absolutely right, am getting more and more confused. This may explain why I wrote about totem poles the other day... I'm creating my own : part Chickent, part Toad, par Raccoon, and who knows what next ???

Loulou said...

Good afternoon from Delhi my dear Owen. I keep on wondering if I should be happy to receive a chicken zombie award. Just couldn't stop laughing at first. But since this is really serious stuff, I need to consider the question, seriously. Seriously. Just kidding.
A Huge Thank you.

PS - so, how are we going to do without ****? Are you sure he is the anonymous one? Well I guess we should accept he is away for a while, and do "as if"...;-)
Take care
Loulou

Buskitten said...

Heeheehee! It's soooo cool! Thanks, Owen!