Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Break . . .

.
.
.
Hi Everyone,
Have been taking a little bit of a Spring break from blogging, and just wanted to drop back in here and let you all know that I'm thinking of you, and although am missing the blog world, am also re-charging my batteries and catching up on some long neglected work around the house, which needs to be done from time to time... Spring cleaning is a time tested ritual that does a world of good. So there you go. My best wishes to each and every one of you in this unseasonably warm northern hemisphere end of winter.
.
Was out the other day in Paris and saw the sights presented below, nothing special really, just some slices of life observed off the cuff. I often take photos based on a simple visual impression, working quickly without allowing time for much thought process to occur other than visual reaction and trying to get the camera settings in the right place for the right light. In general things just kind of leap out of the landscape at me and if they get my attention, then there's a good chance they will be photographed. Hope you enjoy...
.
The "BO-tilted U" was above a closed down "Boulangerie" or bakery shop in Paris... seen better days.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Knowing how much Virginia enjoys the red side of Paris, just thought she might like to get her hair done here someday... it is near Père Lachaise cemetery.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Facades...
.
.
.
.
.
I liked this neon "Gallery" sign, would like even better to see it lit up at night, but wasn't going to hang around all evening that day...
.
.
.
.
.
.
And finally a reflection was needed to slip in for the tail end of James Weekend Reflections, this also from the abandoned bakery shop facade.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

15 comments:

Lynne with an e said...

Great to see you back in action.

Anonymous said...

great eyes for the details of your beautiful city. please have a good new week ahead.

elena nuez said...

these are gorgeous!!!
and nice to see you at the end,

best wishes,
elena

French Girl in Seattle said...

Coucou, Owen! We've missed you! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Steve said...

Enjoy your rest, Owen... hope you're packing in some soul food.

Lydia said...

I loved each and every one of these shots, Owen, especially the last one of you. Am glad to hear you are attending to spring cleaning, as somebody has to do it!! Seriously, thank you for the idea that it may require taking a bit of a breather from blogging to attend to deferred maintenance and spring cleaning. :)

James said...

It's always nice to see Paris and it's even nicer to see you. :) I'm glad to hear form you and I can relate to needing time to recharge and to get things done around the house.

Nevine Sultan said...

Happy Spring, Owen! I like the last photo the most. It's always nice to see your reflection in a photo. I wish you a restful time off. My spring break is over... so I will be taking more time off vicariously through you. :-) Enjoy... and take lots of photos!

Nevine

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Yeah, I liked that final self-portrait of you too. Taking photos of of-the-moment views is surely just as valid as following a theme or making a statement. Must confess I set out to photograph my latest "Road Trip" as I wanted to do more than just record another Morris outing. Glad to know that you are doing things for yourself at home :-)

Stickup Artist said...

Good for you. I know how it is. I just finally swept and washed my garage floor after all our nasty winds. Achew! Pretty shabby compared to Paris! Always a pleasure. Enjoy your break and the fruits of your labors!

Catherine said...

Enjoy your spring break.......greetings from the riviera

Oakland Daily Photo said...

I always thought the boulangerie lettering was painted. Now that I know they are physical letters, all I can think about is getting my hands on some.

The Sagittarian said...

Yes, charging one's batteries is a must. I have been off the blog a bit as well, but have missed visiting. I sometimes drop by when no-one is about and peek thru your windows and riffle thru your bin....

PeterParis said...

Take the time you need to take care of house, garden, family, job ... and yourself! ... and, especially, welcome back, when you feel like it!

Virginia said...

Listen Owen, when I'm in Paris if it gets windy or damp ( which it usally does) my hair gets bigger and bigger. I call it Paris Hair and I do believe you've had a glimpse of it more than once. Ill keep that in my little RED BOOK for emergency treatment! Merci pour la rouge. And I like your self portrait in the last one. You should use that for a profile pic.

Keep dusting, you're not even close to being done!
V